- Hybrid design: vacuum tube preamp and solid state power amp
- 200 Watts into 8 Ohms
- 320 Watts into 4 Ohms
- 5-band tone control
2-Channel Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
Hybrid Amplifier 2020
by Hi-Fi World
The MA352 Integrated Amplifier is a hybrid design that combines the finest of vacuum tube and solid state audio design principles. The result is an eye-catching amplifier that enjoys the best of these two opposing audio philosophies all while reproducing music at the highest quality level.
"Want valve [vacuum tube] sound with solid state power and reliability? McIntosh have a long history in both fields and bring their expertise to glorious fruition in the audacious MA352 hybrid amplifier, packed with power, glowing valves and the expansive sound they enjoy... The MA352 is an amplifier that we thought was glorious in both appearance and sound." Named Best Hybrid Amplifier 2020. – Hi-Fi World
"The hybrid McIntosh amplifier is powerful enough to power your favorite speakers, and refined enough to make the experience memorable, no matter what kind of music you play. Highly Recommended." - Lyd & Bilde
An all analog design, the MA352 has a vacuum tube preamplifier section that is powered by a pair of 12AX7A and a pair of 12AT7 vacuum tubes; its output stage is a direct coupled solid state amplifier that outputs 200 Watts per channel into 8 Ohm speakers or 320 Watts per channel into 4 Ohm speakers – enough power to properly drive virtually any set of loudspeakers. Dual scale blue Watt meters give an accurate readout of power output for both speaker impedances.
"The quality of the sound never falters. The MA352 remains stunningly clear and detailed with loads of power to spare. With the MA352's impressive 0.03% THD and IMD, you’ll be hard pressed to find any distortion even at window shaking volume." - Tone Audio
The MA352 has 2 balanced and 3 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Magnet phono input with adjustable loading for connecting a turntable. It has gold-plated speaker binding posts to help prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers. A stereo preamplifier output is available for connecting a higher-powered amplifier; it can also be used to connect 1 or 2 powered subwoofers for added low frequency performance.
"There’s a sense of confidence in the amplifier’s effortlessness in terms of its power capabilities and its handling of music, how it functions and its overall execution. It offers a rounded set of features. It’s solidly built and assembled. It looks gloriously attractive. Finally, and most importantly, it plays music to very high standards of dynamic realism, tonal accuracy and sheer listenability." - SoundStage Australia
The MA352 is packed with numerous McIntosh technologies including:
- Our patented Power Guard® technology that monitors the output signal for over driving and makes real time micro adjustments to the input signal to prevent harsh sounding clipping that could potentially damage your speakers
- Our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit Sentry Monitor™ that will disengage the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ which are connected to advanced high current output transistors that minimize thermal equilibrium lag (or warm-up) time
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- A 5-band analog tone control allows for manual adjustment of your favorite recordings (each band adjustable by ± 12dB)
- Home Theater Pass Through lets it be seamlessly integrated into a home theater system
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Data Ports to send remote control commands to connected source components
The MA352 "allows you to experience music to the fullest by letting the dynamics and all the energy, as well as the subtleties and slightest nuances, be expressed freely. The width of the soundstage, balance of the frequency ranges, precision of the timbres, impact of the lows and clarity of the highs: the McIntosh MA352 combined all of these qualities with ease, no matter the style of music we listened to." - Son-Vidéo
The MA352 has "everything it takes to become an instant classic." - Audio Review
The unit sits on a stainless steel chassis polished to a mirror finish; vintage McIntosh-styled die cast aluminum name badges are affixed to each side. Blue output meters, control knobs, an illuminated logo, and a black glass front panel with direct LED backlighting complete the unit. It can be paired with an assortment of CD players, turntables, tuners, media streamers and speakers to complete your home audio system. Contact your local dealer to learn more.
Reviews & Awards