- 300 Watts x 2 Channels
- 27% increase in Dynamic Headroom compared to previous model
- McIntosh Autoformers™
MC312 2-Channel Solid State Amplifier
Prepare yourself for years and years of musical enjoyment with the MC312 Power Amplifier. A 300 Watt per channel stereo amplifier, the MC312 is a great choice to power virtually any home audio system. The full 300 Watts can be delivered to almost any speakers regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance thanks to our unique Autoformer™ technology.
Named Best Stereo Power Amplifier of 2019 by Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity. "This just may be all the amplifier you will ever need!"
The MC312 has received numerous improvements compared to our previous 300 Watt stereo amplifier. Most notably is that filter capacity has been doubled, which increases dynamic headroom an impressive 27% from 1.8dB to 2.3dB. This increase means the MC312 will be even better suited to handle wide dynamic swings in your music. Distortion prevention and bass performance also benefit from the increased filter capacity.
"A component that makes you want to listen to as much music as possible, such as the MC312, is what it is all about... It is perhaps the finest, most sophisticated amplifier I have heard in its price range in my system." - NOVO Magazine
While still looking very much like a McIntosh, the MC312 has received some key design updates. Direct LED backlighting now illuminates the front panel for improved color accuracy. The audio output Autoformers still straddle the power transformer, but are now located in new enclosures that are capped by a single cover containing glass inserts that show the wiring diagram for each transformer.
"When the hairs on your arms rise during a listening session, and you get a huge grin on your face, you know that (a) you're having a tremendous amount of fun, and (b) you're listening to true reference-quality equipment." - Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity
Other updates include the addition of our Monogrammed Heatsinks™ and our eco-friendly power management system. Numerous circuit components and internal wiring have also been upgraded. Balanced and unbalanced outputs have been added to enable bi-amping or tri-amping your speakers; they can also be used to connect to a secondary system if your preamplifier doesn’t have enough connections, or to connect a powered subwoofer.
The MC312 is packed full of other exclusive McIntosh technologies:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the input signal at the speed of light and makes real time adjustments to prevent harsh sounding and potentially speaker damaging clipping
- Sentry Monitor™ - our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to other connected McIntosh components (such as CD Players, turntables, tuners and media streamers) for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables
The MC312 sits on a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis and features the timeless McIntosh black glass front panel, illuminated logo, control knobs, aluminum end caps and a pair of fast responding blue Watt meters. Contact your local dealer to learn more.